Billington Structures is one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients, established for over 70 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 10,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol we have the capability to process 30,000 tonnes of steel per annum and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
We have an opportunity for a Commercial Administrator to join our team in in Wombwell, Barnsley on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract with a potential for further career opportunities within the business.
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Sales Administrator responsible for the following…
- Your role as Commercial Sales Administrator will involve the collation of all information required to complete Pre-Qualification questionnaires and the collation of all tender proposal documents.
- The role will entail providing general administrative support to our Pre-Construction and Commercial team, with duties also to include maintaining databases and Document Controlling.
- Collation of information required to complete Pre-Qualification questionnaires.
- Communication direct with clients regarding Pre-Qualifications and follow up queries.
- Acting as first point of contact for any General Estimating calls.
- Provide Administrative support to the Commercial Department.
- Controlling company and project documentation.
- Controlling and ensuring all company accreditations are up to date (Construction line etc).
- Ensuring all documentation meets formal requirements and required standards.
- Sorting, storing, and retrieving electronic and hard copy documents on behalf of clients and industry professionals.
- Attending monthly sales meeting to take meeting minutes.
- Following the sales meeting, typing up the minutes and documented actions and distributing accordingly.
- Controlling and monitoring client pipeline documents.
- Communicating with clients to understand the time frames for tenders to be issued and controlling the status of future enquiries and project leads.
- During busy periods / Holiday cover, there will also be a requirement for the following:
– To manage all booking enquiries received through our internal management system.
– Collation of all tender proposal documents – printing tender drawings
– Creating drawing/document registers
Experience / Qualifications
- Administration skills
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Able to work well with others
- Customer service skills
- Able to use your initiative
- Knowledge of the English language
- Able work well under pressure
- Flexible and open to change
- Proficient IT skills
You will ideally have experience from within the construction industry and have some technical knowledge. Prior experience of working the Pre-Qual questionnaires and Tender documents would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate would have a Quality Assurance background.
Salary & Benefits
This is a fantastic development opportunity for someone looking to grow their career within a dynamic business with a unique setup and a strong client base.
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension.
Please get in touch with Human Resources on email@example.com or 01226 340 666 if you are interested.
Salary will be negotiable dependant on experience.
37.5 hrs per week Monday – Thursday 08:30am – 17:00pm
Friday 08:30am – 15:45pm
Onsite Free Parking
If you’re interested in this role, please email our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details or fill in the form below.