Billington Structures is one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients, established for over 70 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 6,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol we have the capability to process 30,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
We have an opportunity for a Commercial Administrator to join our team in Wombwell, Barnsley on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract with a potential for further career opportunities within the business.
Your role as Commercial Sales Administrator will involve the collation of all information required to complete Pre-Qualification questionnaires and the collation of all tender proposal documents.
The role will entail providing general Administrative support to our Commercial and Marketing team with duties also to include maintaining databases and Document Controlling.
- To manage all booking enquiries received through our internal management system.
- Collation of information required to complete Pre-Qualification questionnaires
- Collation of all tender proposal documents – printing tender drawings
- Creating drawing/document registers
- Acting as first point of contact for any General Estimating calls
- Provide Administrative support to the Commercial Department
- Controlling company and project documentation
- Ensuring all documentation meets formal requirements and required standards
- Sorting, storing, and retrieving electronic and hard copy documents on behalf of clients and industry professionals
Desired experience / Qualifications
- Administration skills
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Able to work well with others
- Customer service skills
- Able to use your initiative
- Knowledge of the English language
- Able work well under pressure
- Flexible and open to change
- Proficient IT skills
You will ideally have experience from within the construction industry and have some technical knowledge. Prior experience of working the Pre-Qual questionnaires and Tender documents would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate would have a Quality Assurance background.
Salary & Benefits
This is a fantastic development opportunity for someone looking to grow their career within a dynamic business with a unique setup and a strong client base.
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension.
Please get in touch with Human Resources on email@example.com or 01226 340 666 if you are interested.
Salary will be negotiable dependant on experience.
37.5 hrs per week
Monday – Thursday 08:30am – 17:00pm
Friday 08:30am – 15:45pm
Onsite Free Parking