Billington Structures is one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients, established for over 75 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol, we have the capability to process 50,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
We are looking to recruit a Document Controller responsible for the following…
- Management of receipt, issue and electronic storage of controlled incoming and outgoing technical documents and drawings.
- Incoming project drawings, documents and specifications – index, distribute and print as required by the project in accordance with our QA procedures.
- Internal, sub-contract and sub-trade drawings – Check all QA information is present and correct, protocols adhered to etc. Index and distribute as required by the project in accordance with our QA procedures.
- Monitor and retrieve comments/information on projects from project Extranet sites and distribute to the team as necessary.
- Upload drawings to project Extranet sites as necessary.
- Maintain the electronic Plot Folder, prepare and issue fabrication packs and erection packs as required on each project.
- File Cad-cam data. Assist in ordering rder bolts, cold rolled or other bought-out materials as and when required.
- Issue/upload calculations for general approvals and for Building Control Approval applications.
- Uploading RFI’s, Method Statements or any other technical documents or submittals to extranets.
- Administration of and assistance in development of procedures and protocols, to ensure good management of document control and movement.
- Printer/copier – ordering of printer and photocopier resources, administration of maintenance calls and general troubleshooting.
- General administrative assistance to the Technical Office as and when required
- Provide cover on reception duties including preparation for meeting, answering calls and distributing mail throughout the business.
Experience / Qualifications
- Strong IT and communication skills;
- Maths and English grades C or above at GCSE level (or equivalent);
- Previous experience of administrative duties or document control.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be dependent on experience, and we offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme, health plan, cycle to work scheme, option to purchase additional holidays.
If you’re interested in this role, please email our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details or fill in the form below.