Billington Structures is one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients, established for over 70 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 6,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol we have the capability to process 30,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Diesel Fitter to join our Shafton team.
The Role and Responsibilities
- To service and repair of fork trucks, side loaders and combi lifts across our sites plus mechanical and hydraulic repairs to site machines
- 7:15am to 4:00pm Monday/Thursday
- 7:45am to 2:00pm Friday
- Some travelling between sites will be necessary
Skills & Knowledge
- Diesel engines
- Mechanical fitting
- Electrical fault finding
- Mechanical fault finding
- Basic welding proficiency
- Ability and willingness to apply knowledge to other types of machinery
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Capable of seeing jobs through to the end
- Able to fit into an already established team
Experience / Qualifications
- A motivated experienced individual with knowledge of fork trucks side loaders and ideally shunters such as Linde, Hyster and combi lift.
- A good knowledge of diesel engines and hydraulic systems capable of dealing with breakdowns and servicing working on their own initiative or as part of a team. Including the ability to work on other machines in the factory.
- Level 2 certificate in heavy vehicle maintenance and repair
- Level 2 diploma in plant machinery maintenance
- NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering
- HNC Mechanical engineering
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension.
Salary will be negotiable dependant on experience.