Billington Structures is one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients, established for over 70 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 10,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley, Bristol and Shafton we have the capability to process in excess of 30,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Production Director with experience from the Structural Steel industry to oversee our production operations.
As Production Director you will be responsible for our 3 production facilities based in Barnsley, Bristol and Shafton. You will lead, manage and develop all operational resources to meet or exceed the agreed targets and budgets for the business and ensure Health and Safety will always be a top priority.
You will ensure that the highest possible levels for quality of product and quality of service are established and maintained..
Prepare and review reports to determine operational performance, profitability and areas of continuous improvement.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience of manufacturing management ideally from within the structural steel industry.
- Experience of delivering efficiencies and cost savings
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organisation and planning skills
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent numerical ability and technical skills
- Ability to managing change effectively
- Driven to achieve results
- Strong decision making
- Action planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor staff at all levels
- Resourceful with a good attention for detail
- Proven problem-solving skills
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension.
Salary will be negotiable dependent on experience.
If you’re interested in this role, please email our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details or fill in the form below.