Billington Structures is one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients, established for over 70 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 6,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol we have the capability to process 30,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager with Structural Steel experience to join our contracts team.
This position is an exciting opportunity to take on a leading role within a successful and growing business. Highly organised and conscientious, you’ll be able to plan and prioritise your own work to tight deadlines by planning project activities; evaluating implementation and progress of the project.
With strong interpersonal and communication skills, you’ll have superb negotiation skills which allow you to communicate effectively with both internal members of staff along with external customers.
The successful candidate will need a sound technical knowledge of structural steel projects plus a good understanding of current Health & Safety requirements. Possession of appropriate CSCS accreditation will also be a distinct advantage.
The role will require regular travel and the post holder to work flexibly between our Offices and a number of live Sites.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the projects.
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Works closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements.
- Assistance with logistics planning for project bids.
- Any other appropriate duties identified and allocated by management.
Experience / Qualifications
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS (or equivalent) health and safety qualification.
- Appointed Person qualification would also be an advantage.
- Experience of working in within the structural steel industry.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension.
Salary will be negotiable dependent on experience.
If you’re interested in this role, please email our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details or fill in the form below.