Billington Structures is one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients, established for over 70 years’ with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 12,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol we have the capability to process 35,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager with Structural Steel experience to join our Contracts team.
Site based – regular travel will be a requirement of the role.
• Complete control of Billington Structures on-site activities for projects allocated to you
• Health & Safety Management relating to the project on-site
• Responsible for the day to day management of any Billington Structures site operatives allocated to your projects
• Controlling (and managing if required) any sub-contract trades working on the project on-site
• Closely liaise with clients to ensure the project runs smoothly and identify any issues, and appropriate action taken
• The ability to co-ordinate and manage the steel erection activities on a construction site
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues, clients and contractors at all levels
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of current Health & Safety Requirements for site-based construction projects
What you’ll need to succeed
• Proven experience of structural steelwork erection, including lining and levelling
• Proven Health & Safety experience preferably with a recognised Health & Safety qualification such as the CITB approved Site Managers Safety Training Scheme
• Appropriate CSCS card
• Appropriate plant operator certification such as a MEWP ticket, may also be an advantage but is not essential
• A current first aid certificate would also be an advantage
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, health cash plan scheme and sick pay scheme.
Please get in touch with Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01226 340 666 if you are interested. Alternatively, complete the form below.
Salary will be negotiable dependent on experience.
If you’re interested in this role, please email Claire Upperdine at email@example.com with your details or fill in the form below.