Billington Structures is one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients, established for over 70 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 6,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol we have the capability to process 30,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager with Structural Steel experience to join our Contracts team.
This role will be site based and regular travel will be a requirement of the role.
- Complete control of Billington Structures on-site activities for projects allocated to them
- Health & Safety Management relating to the project on Site
- Responsible for the day to day management of any Billington Structures site
- operatives allocated to their projects.
- Controlling (and managing if required) any subcontract trades working on the project on site.
- Closely liaise with client to ensure the project runs smoothly and any issues are identified, and appropriate action taken.
- The ability to co-ordinate and manage the steel erection activities on a construction site.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues, clients and contractors at all levels.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety Requirements for site-based construction projects.
- Proven experience of structural steelwork erection, including lining and levelling.
- Proven Health & Safety experience preferably with a recognised Health & Safety qualification such as the CITB approved Site Managers Safety Training Scheme
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Appropriate plant operator certification such as a MEWP ticket, may also be an advantage but is not essential.
- A current first aid certificate would also be an advantage.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, health cash plan scheme and sick pay scheme.
Salary will be negotiable dependent on experience.
If you’re interested in this role, please email our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details or fill in the form below.