At Billington Structures, we are proud to support several local and nationwide charities. Every year, we make financial or supportive contributions to local community activities and participate in charitable fundraising.
Below are just some of the projects we have recently been involved in:
- Barnsley Hospice
- RSPB Dearne Valley – Annual Sponsorship
- Fareshare Yorkshire / Barnsley Foodbank
- St Peter’s Hospice – Bristol
- MacMillan Cancer Support Coffee Morning
- Weston Park Cancer Charity
- Prostate Cancer
- Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice
- Brain Tumour Research Wear a Hat Day
- University of Sheffield 3D Bridge Competition
- Barnsley College Foundations Premium Flag
- Crigglestone All Blacks ARLFC U12s
- Selby Rugby Club
- Wombwell Main U5s
- Worsborough Bridge AFC U12s Team
- ISG Cycle for Charity
- Man of Steel
We have also been awarded a ‘Good Neighbour’ award for our efforts to keep our residents in Yate happy by going the extra mile and reducing as much noise from the factory as possible
As part of our support for local employment, Billington Structures have made a pledge with Barnsley College to increase opportunities for young people by always having 2.5% of our total workforce apprentice based. We provide an extensive training program for all new starters which ensures everyone who joins the company has a thorough understanding of the business and how different departments interact with each other.
Billington Structures is part of the Billington Charity Foundation. Launched in 2016 the foundation works to improve the support we offer to local and national charities and communities.