Our steel is sourced from BES 6001 accredited suppliers.
BES 6001 enables construction product manufacturers to ensure and then prove that their products have been made with constituent materials that have been responsibly sourced.
The standard describes a framework for the organisational governance, supply chain management and environmental and social aspects that must be addressed in order to ensure the responsible sourcing of construction products.
What are the benefits?
- Demonstrate to stakeholders that you source products responsibly
- Become more competitive to increase opportunities and prospects
- Make more informed decisions when selecting suppliers
- Improve overall social and environmental performance
- Gain access to schemes such as BREEAM
What we do
- All timbers are sourced from FSC suppliers and re-used and recycled where possible.
- Use of hauliers with Euro 6 vehicles (where possible).
- Working on a full truck load basis to reduce the number of loads per job.
- Utilisation of group options where less than truck load is obvious.
- Dedicated planning/pro-active lotting.
- Geographical planning.
- Monitoring and reducing miles travelled.
- Use of local labour where possible.
We value our reputation for ethical behaviour and has a set of values that are at the core of its business philosophy.
We recognise the need to maintain a supply chain that adheres to and is aligned with our environmental, social and commercial objectives and policies.
We are committed to deal with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors and its own staff in a fair, open and honest manner. We are also committed to complying with all legislative and regulatory requirements that are relevant to its business activities and monitors these on a regular basis.
We communicate fully and openly with customers regarding costs of work undertaken and will provide accurate and honest guidance and advice to customers to ensure their requirements are met. We strive to develop positive relationships with suppliers to ensure both parties understand each other’s problems and requirements. It will not use current or potential contracts to coerce suppliers into unsustainable offers.
We treat our staff fairly in all aspects of their employment, valuing their contribution to the achievement of Company objectives and providing them with opportunities for training and development. We are proud of our long standing and committed partner relationships with our supply chain and in turn seeks to treat them fairly with timely payment for works and the implementation of a ‘no retention’ policy.